Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Las Piñas Bamboo Organ

Tonight at 8 will be the last concerto of the 36th International Bamboo Organ Festival in Las Piñas City. The tickets cost P600, P400, and P200. I wanted to join sana kaya lang its late, far from my place and I have school tomorrow. So I just decided to go for a little tour at St. Joseph Church and see this unique national treasure, the Bamboo Organ.


Getting there from Manila by commute cost me P34 (P8 from my place to D.Jose Station LRT1 + P15 from D.Jose station to Baclaran station + P11 from Baclaran to St. Joseph Chuch). From Baclaran, I rode a jeep bound to Zapote, Alabang via San Dionisio to reach St. Joseph Church in Las Piñas (about 30 minutes long ride).

When I got there, I walked towards the wooden Spanish style house (the Bamboo Organ Museum) beside the church. The people there are very friendly and accommodating. For an amount P50, you will be accompanied by a very friendly tour guide around the museum and in the Bamboo Organ. She told me the history of the organ and how it works. Some of the original parts of the organ are displayed at the museum. Photos, paintings and antiques are also found there (thank you ms. Beth for that wonderful tour).









When we reached the Bamboo Organ it was being played by an organist and there was also an Austrian flautist rehearsing for the evening concert later (whatta lovely music). The tour is roughly 30 minutes (mas mahaba pa ang biyahe papunta at pabalik).





This one of a kind instrument was built by Father Diego Cera in 1821. It was declared a National Cultural Treasure by the National Museum of the Philippines in 2003.









.

3 comments:

  1. Sa wkas nkita ko din ang mga obra mo!!!!! 100000 thumbs up mr. lakwatsero! -IJDB

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Dami mo na napuntahan pala! haha! Dito ako nag high school. :))

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...